Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 2 months :D I'm proud of myself... now I'm gonna go sit by the fire and thaw out :D

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL....GOOD FOR YOU!!! :)

I put 3,000 miles on my bike this past summer on a 10 day vacation. I was sad when it had to end (returned to work). :(

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probly would have hit that, but for about a week we had snow and ice all over, so I took my brothers cage where I needed to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! I'm jealous. I bought mine at the end of October and have 930 miles. I'm so close to being done with the break-in period!

So what's it like to hit 1000 and go over 6000 rpm? I'm guessing there is a big difference. :grin:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I rode 1375 miles in one day on my Superhawk once--from San Diego to Lake Tahoe to Sacramento to Los Angeles back to San Diego.
Also rode 1121 miles in 22 hours on my W650 (photo below)--San Diego to Gila Bend to Phoenix to Flagstaff to Los Angeles to San Diego. Gave a ride to a walking guy who had car trouble and was on his way to see his wife and newborn at the hospital--luckily AZ didn't have a helmet law.
Also rode more than 1600 miles nonstop on my Sportster once, taking the scenic route from Colorado Springs to San Diego. Took more than 24 hours though.
-CCinC

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
JTpaintball70 said:
In about 2 months :D I'm proud of myself... now I'm gonna go sit by the fire and thaw out :D

Know the feeling!! :razz: I was excited when I broke 1000, 3000 and now at about 5200 in a year....I dont ride as much as most of the members on the board, but still have fun when I do!! :wink:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Gee CCinC....Why did you cut it so short? LOL :) :) :)

I'd be walking bull legged if I rode that many miles in one day. :shock:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whistle, I got you beat 6308 miles in 11 days. My father and I road out to the west coast and back. 14,280 miles last season.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Yes Odog...you do have me beat :)....and what were you and your father riding?

·
Registered
33 Posts
congrats JT, I will be glad when I break 100 on this one this spring. Winter Sucks:(

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NM Does have one advantage... long riding season :) Not as long as those *mutter*stupid Californians* erm... westerners, but longer than you mid-north easteners :p

·
Registered
607 Posts
Odog said:
Whistle, I got you beat 6308 miles in 11 days. My father and I road out to the west coast and back. 14,280 miles last season.
I don't have you beat, exactly Odog, but I did ride 6310 in 12 days with my wife on sportbikes this last August. From San Diego to Philadelphia and back. Caught hella rain on the BRP thanks to Hurricane's Bonnie & Charley unfortunately.
http://www.chrisandlisachan.com/philly04.htm

Wife Lisa on Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel.
-CCinC

·
Registered
35 Posts
Calamarichris, those are some awesome pics in your photo journal. It must have been an amazing trip. Do you have any notes of the cost and what was your itinerary?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for the compliment NZ.
I think we spent about $2000, given the hotels, gas and meals. It really was kind of a drag in places. After riding all the way across Nebraska and Iowa, I really wasn't looking forward to riding across Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. The roads were dead-dull until we got to Eastern PA. We had Chatterboxes and spent most of the time listening to books on tape. Nebraska is no place to be on a sportbike.
Itinerary went something like
San Diego - Grand Junction CO
Grand Junction - Ogalalla, NE
Ogalala - Des Moines, IO
Des Moines - [Some town in Eastern OH]
Eastern OH - Philadelphia, PA (Two night in Philly)
Philly - Richmond, VA
Richmond - [Some town in Eastern SC]
Eastern SC - Bristol, VA
Bristol - Lawrenceberg, TN (an Hamish town)
Lawrenceburg - Oklahoma City, OK
OKC - Pueblo, CO
Pueblo - Teec Nos Pos, AZ
Teec Nos Pos - San Diego
Averaged 550 miles per day on the trip, but we caught more dang rain on this trip than any other trip in my life. :mad:
At least we didn't have any accidents and only got one ticket. It was pretty miserable weather most of the time, thanks to the stupid hurricanes in Florida.
-CCinC

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was on a 2004 Zx10r and my father on his 1999 1100 shadow. My father put on less miles because he ran out of gas not once but twice.....LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts