Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah, I live close by and had stopped in several times looking at the coats in the close out. One day I tried on the small Kilmanjaro Air (mesh coat with a liner for warmth and water resistance) - it fit! I was looking at larges in other coats, being about 180 lb at 5'6". I also tried a different model First Gear small, but it didn't fit, too small. It appears the Kilmanjaro Air coats they had were either mismarked at the factory or had wierd sizing. I paid $49 for my red/black one, had my brother and his wife check it out, bought a $59 all black for him and a $39 women's medium for her. Incredible two coats for just over $100!

If anyone here is about 5'6" to 5'10" and wears a medium if the Kilmanjaro Air is still in clearance at Iron Pony, don't be afraid to buy one. It will fit like a medium in any other coat. It is warm down to about 50 degrees with only a tee shirt on and liner out, as long as you're moving about 20 mph, it's like not wearing a coat up to about 85 degrees. Actually better, because the sun isn't baking your skin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts