Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the cycle lifestyle & I was wondering - if I buy one of those spinning tail light thingy's for my 1995 EN500, will I need two because I have two bulbs back there?
Thanks!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Following the topic listed . . .

Does purchasing a cruiser that is not black automatically black ball me from the 'group'?

Is there a color chart that 'labels' you by color? (i.e. black = cool guy, blue = poser, etc.)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I'm new to the cycle lifestyle & I was wondering - if I buy one of those spinning tail light thingy's for my 1995 EN500, will I need two because I have two bulbs back there?
Thanks!
Possibly 2 needed, I guess.
FYI. Gene had one of those on his Mean Streak and you couldn't see it worth a darn. It's all great until the car behind you doesn't realize you've stopped.

·
Registered
789 Posts

Does purchasing a cruiser that is not black automatically black ball me from the 'group'?

Is there a color chart that 'labels' you by color? (i.e. black = cool guy, blue = poser, etc.)

Some say the red ones go faster, some say the black ones are harder to see, some scratch that most say the new green 900 custom is .....well different
some are color blind and have no idea what your talking about.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

My bike is black and red. My riding club is about as hardcore as it gets, and we've got red, blue, black, pearl, white... one member even painted his Road Glide to resemble "Miss Bardahl" in black, John Deere green, and screaming yellow!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Fastest color

My 800 was red back when red was the fastest color. Now my Nomad is black which is the newest fastest color. I guess the red/black ones are really fast.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Saw this dude get off a titty nipple pink bike once, I just stayed way clear of him. Color, is a personal choice and not an indication of the type of biker. That guy didn't need doors, he'd just stare a hole in whatever wall he wanted to walk through.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts

My bike is black and red. My riding club is about as hardcore as it gets, and we've got red, blue, black, pearl, white... one member even painted his Road Glide to resemble "Miss Bardahl" in black, John Deere green, and screaming yellow!

Well then Rich, let's see . . . that makes you . . .
a half a$$ed cool guy (black) on a half a$$ed fast (red) scoot that is about half a$$ed visible (black)!!

BwaHahahahaha!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Saw this dude get off a titty nipple pink bike once, I just stayed way clear of him. Color, is a personal choice and not an indication of the type of biker. That guy didn't need doors, he'd just stare a hole in whatever wall he wanted to walk through.
:eek: Now THAT is a guy who is secure in his manhood!! 8)

·
Registered
12,874 Posts

Rich, in our riding chapter we have a guy with the HD Ultra that painted a gold glitter coat over the dark cherry burgundy color (several coats!)....everybody calls his bike the "Bass Boat" and it REALLY does look like the paint scheme on a bass boat!!!! :lol:

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts

Thanks for the input! I was just wondering, because I am new to the community and I liked the red 1600 Mean streak until I saw the green 900. Black just doesn't do it for me . . . The 900 fits my 'budget' better and I am hoping will be a good first road ride. I can always upgrade in the future, if I need more power.

Any 900 riders have problems at highway speed riding 2up? (i.e. under powered on hills, etc.-not that Arizona has any real mountains . . .)

·
Registered
533 Posts
My wife's bike is black/red...her's is faster...or maybe it carries 100lbs less and that helps.... and my 900LT has no problems uphill 2up...it goes and goes and goes.....but then again its blue and silver not a fast color but steady

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Rich, in our riding chapter we have a guy with the HD Ultra that painted a gold glitter coat over the dark cherry burgundy color (several coats!)....everybody calls his bike the "Bass Boat" and it REALLY does look like the paint scheme on a bass boat!!!! :lol:
Wow....
You mean the large metal flakes... just like the glitter we decorate for Christmas with?

Wow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've got a red EN500. It goes good with my red leather jacket and red helmet.

Let's see...full leathers, helmet, non-V-twin, hatred of chrome...I fit in well with the mid-west cruiser scene...

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
My 800 was red back when red was the fastest color. Now my Nomad is black which is the newest fastest color. I guess the red/black ones are really fast.:biggrin:
Exponentially!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts