Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Braaaaaaaaap
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think if K&N air filters for dirt bikes? I heard they don't work well. But I'm in the market for a new airfilter. UNI is looking good with it's 2 stage airfilters. K&N are only 10$ more, and I wonder if it's worth it. Opinions?

·
Registered
917 Posts
i might use one with an outerwear cover but by the time you spend that much you could have bought like 3 pre-oiled foam ones.

Their ability to trap dirt and withstand getting wet and price and the oil is what bothers me. I would never use one.

·
Registered
917 Posts
sure have, most uni are 2 stage now. Air flow is not a problem. Actually the first stage is more porous. I use Maxima FFT oil. and other people use Belray (just as long as it is tacky). Clean and re-use.

There are pre-oiled filters like "twin air" which my friend buys now cause he is lazy. They are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
407 Posts
May I ask why to not use a k&n? Not that I will, I just want to know why.....
I don't even understand why K&N filters are even manufactured for MX bike applications. Yes under most circumstances K&N oiled gauze type filter flow and trap dirt excellent, EXCEPT when water is introduced to the filter surface. K&N's not only trap dirt, they trap WATER. To the point where your rngine will be gagging for air, and just quit. I've seen this occurance first hand. Stick with a tried and true oiled cellular foam type filter !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.