Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've looked around and found different answers to this question, so... what's the deal with this drop-in filter? Do I have to rejet or not? K&N says you don't have to, have seen that repeated other places, but then some people say it runs lean. Are we talking "just a tiny bit so that you could ignore it unless you're racing lean" or "lean enough that you want to rejet to prevent damage kind of lean?"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was talking about the top one - I'm not ready to switch to pods yet (or whatever they're called) I don't know enough about them... although I understand they sound great. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
also, r u planning to switch the exhaust? if so then rejet. i got a full exhaust and the drop in filter and i rejetted. i was going to get pods but then the guys at my bike shop said i would almost be losing power up until high rpm. so it all depends on how u want the bike to ride and perform.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think eventually I want to get those sweet-looking Sarachu pipes, but I'm not doing that any time soon. I'm changing quite a bit about my bike @ one time, and it's going to take a while to get used to. Maybe after I've gotten new tires and a full fairing I'll think about exhaust :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts