Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi friends,
i have a kawasaki 100 cc 94 make i am planning to modify my bike.somebody told me that you can increase the speed of the bike by shaving the block piston will that help?
how can i increase the speed,which components of the bike need be replaced for the same without affecting the milage which is 55kms /ltr

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
IBMfreak,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum...you might try also posting down in the mechanics corner. There are lots of experienced mechanics up here, so you should get a reply pretty quick.

We have a lot of fun up here..and even learn something every once in a while :p

Post a pic of you and your bike!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx buddy ,
i will surely post the same in the mechanics corner not well versed with the forum :wink:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you could bore out the cylinder and put a bigger piston in or you could shave the head a TINY BIT and pull a few more compression points but its all gonna be for really nothing. its such a small bike that it would take extensive work to make it really "FASTER"
if you want more BOTTOM END speed then just change your sprockets but youll loose mileage cause the engine will be revving higher (smaller front with larger rear)
if you want more TOP END then just change your sprockets (bigger front with small rear), you MAY loose mileage since the motor wont be revving as hard as it was before but it will have to work a bit harder to get to that speed where its efficient
just leave it alone and ride it,youll enjoy that alot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts