Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki has dropped the price on drive belts to $69.99 and if you order them from Beartooth Kawasaki you get an extra 10% off so that brings them to $62.99!!!!!!!! YES 8) 8) 1-800-556-3098

·
Registered
3 Posts
650 Prairie Drive Belts

Can anyone give me an average life span of the drive belt on a Prairie 650. I am on my third belt and it is squeeling now. I am an older rider and use it to travel around in the mountains and for some hunting. Most is in 4 High on gravel roads or skid trails etc. with occasional low range use.

I have about 1000 total miles on the bike. It is a 2002 model. I called Kawasaki customer service and was told that they can't predict the life of a belt as they don't know how each rider will use the bike. I think that someone should know if the belt is designed to last for 100, 200, 500 miles or ?

I think that 4 belts in just 2 years seems to be excessive. The dealer has inspected it each time that it has started squeeling and has said that everything is normal but the belt needs to be replaced. Is everyone going through belts this fast or do I have something else that is stretching them so quick. My dealer says no that all is ok but I'm not so sure of their inspections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Belt Drive for Touring Bike

I also asked this question over in Vintage Bikes...

I am considering buying a 1988 Kawasaki 1000. It was originally set up as a Police bike with fairing, hard bags, trunk, etc. It has chain drive and I would like to convert it to belt drive if I buy it. Does anyone know if there is anything available, either OEM or Aftermarked,

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.