Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good source for a service manual for the 650 V-twin. I have a 2002 and would like to have a service manual detailing things like belt adjustment. I have only 120 hours on mine, gentle riding and the belt was swealing at take off. $68 dollars later I have a 'shim' inserted by dealer and for the moment the sweal is silent. Someone else had asked how long these belts should last? I have the same question. I like the 650's power etc. but next time no belts!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The best service manual for the 650 Prairie is the one from Kawasaki. It is a very detailed and easy to understand manual. Try giving Beartooth Kawasaki a call!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Invest in the "official" service manual. It can be orrdered from www.buykawasaki.com. That site has all the parts diagrams too. Also, check out Nyroc's web site: http://atv.dnsalias.com/ He's got tons of information on the Prairie 650/700.

With any belt drive (Polaris, Kawasaki, etc...) you're going to have to make adjustments every few hundred miles. Ride in low range as much as possible.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I downloaded it for free and would be willing to send it..... it's a large file and not sure how I would send it.... free of coarse.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts