Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just have a quick question and I hope I get some answers back for my own sake. I have been researching for a while now, and decided that I wanted to get a 6R. So I went down and they said I didn't have enough credit to purchase a bike right now. I was wondering if there was anyway to buy a bike (new/used) without having credit, or the greatest credit, or having no money up front? Please help me out.. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go and get a Sears card or JCPenny card. Buy something on it and pay it off right away and shred your card.

Those two places are very good at helping people get started with establishing good credit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Credit union is the fastest way to go. Kawasaki shot me down, but my credit union said ok and got a better percentage rate. There is a difference between not enough and bad credit. Not enough mean that you do not have the income to cover the payments per their charts and bad credit means that you messed up before. I believe that a used bike is easier to get than a new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my buddy just told me about a credit union, but would that mean that I would have to buy a bike used? Or would I be able to buy a new bike from a dealership? Also, I have a credit card already with a two hundred dollar limit. How long does it take to actually build enough credit to be able to get a loan from a bike dealership?

Thanks for the input guys, I really do appreciate it, and hope to get on the road soon.... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
The dealerships are tough to get approved. I bought new through the credit union. But sometimes its easier to get approved on a used bike because of the value factor. A new one once road of the lot is no longer worth the amount of the loan. About six months to get some results I maybe be wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
find someone who is selling a bike and ask to take over payments. if yu are interested let me know I think I know someone that is looking to do that.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Roo said:
find someone who is selling a bike and ask to take over payments. if yu are interested let me know I think I know someone that is looking to do that.
You still have to make a credit check for that unless the title stays in the original person's name and you just make payments to them till its payed off and then transfer the title over. (I wouldn't do that if I were either party)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts