Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody tried the kawasaki adjustable backrest and rack for the 1500 classic ? looked like it would be pretty comfortable but would appreciate any opinions as to how it actually works for driver and passenger. also does anyone know what mods are necessary to fit kawasaki fi windshield w/ billet lightbar? some members at cruiser customizing had used this combo and said they had to do some slight mods but did not say what they were. thanks for your input!.................cj

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeti:

I got the F&S driver backrest on my 1500 FI...only word of caution is to be sure you get the driver backrest for the FI as the passenger seat is wider on the FI than the standard classic. I found out the hard way! The mount is also different. It goes on easy and is adjustable fore and aft. I like it; pretty comfortable. I'll send you a pic if you like.
I have a Memphis Shades (Fats) 21" windshield and a light bar for the FI. I think I heard the same issue with the billet light bar not fitting well with windshields. You may have to cut the shield to fit...but don't take it from me. My F&S light bar fit perfectly with my Memphis Fats.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
cj.....I bought a Protac backrest which mounts on and removes in seconds with no modifications. I ride a 2003 Classic 1500 carbed. I really love it and if memory serves me I paid around $130.00 for it. You can see it on my bike by clicking on the link in my signature.

http://www.protac.net/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

thanks for the info. wound up installing the f&i system that folds between passenger and driver for support with a built in rack (think its made by jardine). it is a tight fit when moving to driver position, as it is made for the classic, but once it is in position it is huge and really comfortable. fits perfectly in the passenger position. the dealer solved the lightbar issue with mods to the billet lightbar mount bracket so it sits more forward and fits with a windshield. just picked up my new bike today! can't wait to ride it this week before it snows again.....cj

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Excellent cj....I would imagine the snow on San Fransico Peak is helping keep it cool around there?

Enjoy your new bike and add some pictures so we can all drewl with you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts