Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all hope someone out here has heard of this atv for kids or knows something about this 07 kfx 50 engine. My question is I cant get the bike to run it boggs upon starting it, the dealer told me it doesn't have a choke, I drained the gas, cleaned the carb 4 times, checked the spark,aircleaner,and fuel filter, MIND you it is an 07 ...I think it has something to do with the "jet starter" which I have no idea what the hell it does.....as of right now I cant get the quad to fire, and theres no gas overload in carb... thats why I am leaning to this.. It does have a pair of wirs going to it is it supposed to activate in and out upon ignition???? does any one have a schematic on this or know how this unit works Thanks alot... Trying to avoid a service bill from the dealer due to it is out've warranty.....mike

confused<<<<<<<

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Sorry I know nothing about that particular engine or set up. It does have the symptoms of flooding though. Did you pull the plug to see if it's wet with gas? If so turn off the fuel, run the starter a few seconds with the plug removed. Dry the plug and reinstall. Then try to start. If it runs wait just a few seconds before opening the fuel valve. Then be sure to close the fuel valve before shutting it off. If that works, it's probably a problem with the fuel valve. I hope this helps.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
BTW there is an ATV section that you should post your question in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts