Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 1986 klf 300 with some problems First the machine seams like it needs a few more revs to get it moving than what i am used to. wondering if i got a clutch problem. Second it is kind of hard to shift but it has not been ran for a year or two just wondering if this will clear up with an oil change.just got it started and I have to change to oil. Also the differental lock will not return right. U have to tap it forward with a hammer to engage the lock. Any ideas fellas thanks any help would be good

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
hello well change the oil with a wet clutch oil only (motorcycle valvoline 10/40) and the filter first this will help alot.as for the locker lube the cable and you roll slow to ingage and dis ingage the locker and change the rear diff fluid 80/90 gear oil and spray pd blaster on the lever that comes out out the diff case,after you do all the fluid changes drive if for a while like about 20 hrs and post back on the shifting issues ,if it hadnt run in a year its just stickin and needs a good run.-corey-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello well change the oil with a wet clutch oil only (motorcycle valvoline 10/40) and the filter first this will help alot.as for the locker lube the cable and you roll slow to ingage and dis ingage the locker and change the rear diff fluid 80/90 gear oil and spray pd blaster on the lever that comes out out the diff case,after you do all the fluid changes drive if for a while like about 20 hrs and post back on the shifting issues ,if it hadnt run in a year its just stickin and needs a good run.-corey-
corey just to update you i changed the oil and filter and the rear end fluid. things are working better. just went for a quick ride sounds great. got the diff lock workin also. the shift problem is better. the bike still shifts kind of hard from 1st to 2nd but its good through rest of the gears. just wanted to say thanks for the advice. now i need to go warm up later and thanks again

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
no problem anytime glad to hear you got it back in order,as for 1st and 2nd shift it did the same thing on my old bayou,but change the oil again in like25 hrs of ridein to help it stay in good shape-corey-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help removing a front driveshaft on a 1994 klf 300 C6.

I've removed the snap-ring, and slide the coupling back. There still is not enough room to clear the coupling to allow the shafts to separate.

Any ideas?????:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really you should have started your own thread, but I'll go ahead and answer it since the OP's issue is resolved.

The driveshaft setup is the same as on my klf400, which I had apart many times. Once you get the snap ring out of the groove, slide it back away from the splines. The coupling then pulls back as well, down the splines. It should come all the way back, allowing you to see the two ends of the shaft, with the spring between. Then you just pull one end down, and one end up, and everything comes apart easily.

Possibly your splines are crudded up, so you can't slide the coupling down far enough?

Rob D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts