Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Air Force Vet
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has an idea of what there perfect bike would be or changes to what they already have that would make it there dream bike. So what would you want Kawi to build that fits your idea of a dream bike? Here are a few of my ideas!

1. A 600 ninja with high bars, lower footpegs 29inch seat height, taller windshield 6th gear overdrive and hard bags. A 600cc 400lb concours if you will.

2. A 500 or 600 sized nomad thats light weight with an overdrive gear and normal placement of the foot pegs.

3. A new 250 Eliminator!

4. A 500 ninja with all the upgrades that the 08 250 ninja has in solid black!

5. A 250 ninja Scooter.

6. A KLR 650 designed for people under 6 feet 5 inches!

7. A smooth 2 cylinder duel sport with a low seat good wind protection and overdrive 6th gear.

8. A 1500 vulcan that weighs 200lb less!

9. A Drifter with a normal seat, like the one i built!

10. The one i would build if Kawasaki hired me as a design consultant!

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
The Police version of the Nomad they came out with several years ago, but never put into production. :(

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
How about a raked & lowered meany frame,V2 power,a 250 on the rear, and of course, a sweet solo seat. Everything blacked out. or maybe blackout w/frame and tins in the old meany orange?

·
Air Force Vet
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to add to the entire list the option of ABS brakes or linked brakes. Once you ride in the rain on a bike with ABS brakes you will be sold!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,386 Posts
my dream bike is parked in my garage

it gives me all I want and all i can dream of

·
Eliminating all others
917 Posts
I would like to see them put the VN750 ~vulcan~ engine into a retro style road bike, not a cruizer. other than the KZ-inline-4's I think that is/was one of the best running engines the "big-green" ever made

·
Road Pirate
451 Posts
Two things come to mind.
1. I'd really like KAWI to pay more attention to rear lighting. Yes there is stuff galor for the front of the bike, but limited OEM, or aftermarket additions for the rear. This is a problem on all bikes except the full tour type, and even they add more.
2. Speaking of full tour bikes. In a few years, or even sooner, I'll get the itch to move up to a full tour bike. The Gold Wing and to a lesser degree the HD Ultra Classic, are the main choices in the field. I heard rumors that KAWI is working one but nothing is being "officially" leaked. A V2K based unit with all the do-dads on it sounds good. Maybe a V2K Nomad with a FT (full tour) option.

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
I'd like a 900 vulcan with twin turbos, shaft drive, fat rear, stretched frame,highway pegs on crash bars,small faring and windshield and hard bags. Engine blacked out. The rest of the bike painted a flip flop blue with lake style pipes.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
A V-Twin inspired naked sport type bike, like the Suzuki SV1000.
Close, but for me I'd like them to make it a "standard" style bike. Something along the lines of a Suzuki Bandit 1200, nice seating position, bars positioned to sit up a bit, and a big v-twin (vulcan1500 would be fine) to motor it along.

Basically a v-twin Concours, but it doesn't have to be high tech. Just put standard parts on it taken from other bikes they build and build a dependable standard...fun to ride, can be loaded for sport touring or stripped to ride curves.

If Suzuki put a V in the Bandit, I'd have one the first one produced.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Close, but for me I'd like them to make it a "standard" style bike. Something along the lines of a Suzuki Bandit 1200, nice seating position, bars positioned to sit up a bit, and a big v-twin (vulcan1500 would be fine) to motor it along.

Basically a v-twin Concours, but it doesn't have to be high tech. Just put standard parts on it taken from other bikes they build and build a dependable standard...fun to ride, can be loaded for sport touring or stripped to ride curves.

If Suzuki put a V in the Bandit, I'd have one the first one produced.
Yeh, that is more like what I'm talking about. Sort of a Kawy Monster I guess. Not true sportbike ergonomics or anything, but i'd love to ride a V-Twin type bike like that.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I would like to see them put the VN750 ~vulcan~ engine into a retro style road bike, not a cruizer. other than the KZ-inline-4's I think that is/was one of the best running engines the "big-green" ever made
Rick, like my Suzuki VX800? It's the old 800 Intruder motor. Granted, I put the fairing and lower bars on mine to make it a bit sportier, but it's just a standard underneath. I wish Kaw would do a 650R with a bigger motor and a little bigger screen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.