Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya guys im a first time poster on these forums... but i just needed some help with my bike. I recently bought a 1990 Kawasaki GPX250, yesterday everything was fine... but today i tried to start it up and had problems starting it... the starter moter is clicking over but it wont start up at all, either by using the throttle or choke...

does anyone have any ideas on wot could be the problem??? or how i can over come this problem...

Thankyou

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi Cosmo,

More than likely your battery is low and either need to recharge it or get a new one if it is more than 2 years old. The other possibilities could be a bad connection at the starter button or bad connection at the solenoid. Sometimes with the starter button - you just need to clean it or try pressing in a different angle (bad contact) and that will fix it. If not I would move on to the solenoid and make sure you have a good contact there. Erasers and sandpaper can clean the contact point.

Others may have different suggestions - just make sure all of your fuses are in tact before checking everything else though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts