Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get some Kawasaki Green Touch-Up Paint. I have a 2003 ZX6RR and have a few minor scratches on the lower fairing. They don't warrant a full paint job just some touch-up. I also have some scratches on the engine generator cover, any ideas on how I can touch that up also? I don't want to go through the trouble and expense of a new cover.

By the way, this weekend I used some TurtleWax Scratch and Swirl Removal Wax on my Windscreen and I couldn't believe my eyes! All the small scratches I had on my windscreen from cleaning were gone!!!!! It looks awesome!!!! BRAND NEW!!!!! :D I also used it on the rest of the bike and it looks awesome!

Thanks !
Ed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys I found some Kawasaki Green Paint on eBay for $15.

I hope it works, I have only some minor scratches, now if I could only find some bronze paint for the generator cover...hmmmmm.....

If anyone know of some bronze paint that matches the generator cover please let em know!

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok OK I know I'm probably talking to myself..... :lol: but anyway....I just got the paint I bought on eBay and it matches the original Kawasaki Lime Green Pretty good. But it is quite expensive $15 + $4 shipping! For a little bottle. I should've tried PJ1 at $7.50 per spray can.

Anyway I hope this helps!

Ed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I just noticed that Color-Rite just added a color for the engine covers on my 2003 ZX-6RR! They call it: "Magnesium Engine Gold", now that's cool! They are very expensive though! But it still beats changing the engine cover for $100+. I bought the small touch-up jar, I hope it matches my engine covers!! :(

I'll post my findings!!

Ed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guys!

I got the "Magnesium Engine Gold" from Color-Rite for the engine covers on my 2003 ZX-6RR! I bought the small touch-up jar.

As soon as it arrived I tried it on my generator cover, and to my surprise it matched almost perfectly. :shock: I'm not very good at painting and the damage was pretty severe. But now, unless you're looking for it, you almost can't tell that the cover is painted. :D I only painted the lower half of the cover. There IS a difference in the color, :? but a very slight one and if I knew how to paint I bet it would almost look as good as the original paint.

Anyway I hope this helps!

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts