Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, anyone knows where a kick start lever for a 1987 Kawasaki KD80 can be found? ke100, kd100, km90, km100, mc1 all use the same pedal.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
If you have tried your dealer and places like Partzilla then you should try places like ebay. You may have to wait a while before finding one on ebay. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried salvage yards that specialize in motorcycles? There are quite a few of those in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Wow. Based on the asking price of this kickstart lever, I would say they are as rare as hen's teeth.

When faced with a situation like this, I would be tempted to buy an entire bike just for parts if you can find one. You may be able to find a real junker somewhere and pick it up for a hundred or two and then sell off what you don't need.

Your other option is to find any kickstart lever that has the same splines and then adapt it to your bike. Sometimes all you need is a bit of heat and some bending and you will have a kickstart lever that works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right thanks. I am still looking and thinking of different things so I will give Broadway a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts