Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes Mike, the idea of the forum is that other people besides yourself can gain the answers to whatever questions you may have. There will probably be 10 people with the exact same question as you and it gives them the chance to benefit from yours and QKENUF4U questions and answers. I have a 98 KX 125 and am interested in anything discussed about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, i got a question.. if you KNOW that you have mixed ur gas with enough oil, and it doesn't smoke, should i worry? . . . becuase i thought twostrokes were supposed to smoke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, i have another question.. my 2004 kx125 is used and been takin care of and has a stock top end..so is a 40:1 oil mixture good enought to run it to not tear up any thing?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
kawasakimike said:
hey, i have another question.. my 2004 kx125 is used and been takin care of and has a stock top end..so is a 40:1 oil mixture good enought to run it to not tear up any thing?
yes
as for it not smoking, what kinda oil are you using ? if you KNOW you mixed it correctly then theres no way you dont have oil going to all the important parts. :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sometimes mine smokes more than other times. I have no idea why, this has happened when using the same gas/oil from the same can. Weird.

·
Registered
13 Posts
04 KX125 plug fouling

QKENUF4U said:
hey
dont have one but im a bike mech. so whats up ? :wink:
I bought a new 04 KX125 in September. I have been fouling 1 plug per tank of gas. This is what I have done so far, I reduced the mix to 40:1, I turned the air screw back 3 turns from snug(the book recommends 2 1/2 from snug). Also when I remove a fouled plug it is very oiley and black.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KX JEFF....my friend read your post and said that your plug might not be burning hot enough!....and it could be a number of things to that though..it could be your CDI box or Coil or flywheel or magneto....hope we helped you man...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a buddy of mine adjust the slow jet in the carb. The plug hasnt fouled yet. We are riding agian today in Rockport Illinios about an hour north of St. Louis. Temps will be in the high 40's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kawasaki Mike,
The Bike ran great! They had a couple of nice jumps at that place I was at yesterday. I ran a little over a full tank and no plug fouled. We were on the track all day. I think part of the problem was little to much trail riding, we have some pretty tight trails where we ride. After you ride the trail for about a half hour and your not on the pipe that much the jet was allowing to much fuel pass thru on the low end causing the plugs to foul.

I do not fully understand the jetting as of yet, but I'm getting there.

Attached is a photo of me and the 04 KX125, And again thanks for your input and have fun riding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts