Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike takes forever to start. If I do get it started it will run, but it will stall when I give it gas. The float level has been messed with but I know I'm getting gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Starting

I've got a KX100 and i assume dat they're pretty much the same layout so this should work:
  • take out the spark plug
    Cook it with a blowtorch and clean it up with a wire brush
    put the blowtorch on low and fire it inside the chamber quickly
    it might go pop depending on how much fuels inside the chamber
    Connect the spark plug to the top only and try to start it. look at the spark plug and see if it sparks, if it doesn't you need a new spark plug
    screw it in and connect it up
    try to start it, if it doesn't start try adjusting the fuel/air mixture screw and repeating the above
This worked on my KX100 really well, now it starts first time

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
OKAY TRY THIS...

IF you want to do the same thing only in a safer manner go purchase another spark plug or two...they're cheap...then instead of having anything with a spark or direct fire (a vacuum cleaner/blower or torch) , remove the spark plug and ground it to something bare metal on the bike and turn teh engine over. this is for two reasons, firts you want to se if you have a nice blue/white spark, and secondly you are clearing any gas and such out of the cylinder. you may want to check to see that you have no water in your fuel tank, sounds silly but it happens...worse yet it can accumulate in your fuel filter...buy one it too is cheap and nice to have one as a spare. when you pull the plug you should be able to read it...if it's wet is it oil/ gas, a mixture, is it white, brown to gray or is it black. white is a little lean, grey to light brown is great, black or wet is to rich an dit will foul a plug in a heart beat. Check your air filter...it probably won't run without one, but if you have one and it is to dirty it will cause the same problem, get a new one, and make sure that it is sealed properly in the airbox...make sure the choke choke is off and make sure that the gastank petcock is all the way turned on...then check to see that the throttle cable is opening all the way and that all of the slack is out of it. no kinks in the gas lines, no leaks from the carbs then adjust the carb till it runs smooth at idle after...after it is warmed up.get back to us on what you fine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts