Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Kawasaki Mule 3010, it is very slow. How do you remove the governor. HELP

Thanks David

·
Registered
9 Posts
there are ways to cheat the govoner without removing it. if i get your e-mail i can send you the fuel system section of the service manual, it will give you an idea of what you r working with. by removing the govoner it will not give you any more acceleration, just a few mph when in 2 high. the govoner is the black sheet metal that is held down by rivits twords the rear of the mule, it also has linkage going into it. let me know if you want the pdf of the fuel system witch shows how the govoner works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki Mule top speed

Hello,

I am new here and tried to search for some answers before posting, but didn't have much luck.

I am interested in buying the Kawasaki Mule 3010 4 seater. The only problem is the 25 mph top speed. What can anyone tell me about gaining a higher top speed. I don;t expect to do 70 mph, but at 617cc, I would imagine this unit could pull at least 40 mph.

Any insight would be very helpful before I spend $10k.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
When you by pass the governer you may get another 2 mph tops, it voids your warranty and trust me you better know what your doing. Kawasaki builds a Mule UTILITY not a side by side four wheeler. If you want speed and an RV go with Polaris or Yamaha or Artic Cat however check the stats on how safe they are at 45 mph. The Kawasaki is governed at 25 mph for a reason because thats where the power band is for a Utility vehicle and that is a very safe operating range. I don't mean to sound brash I just hate to see someone waste there time and money to end up with problems they don't want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like the dealer may have not prepped it properly. The good thing is that it is under warranty. If it turns out that dealer cannot fix it, find another dealer.

Too many people have Mules for them to be inherently bad, although I suppose the odd lemon is possible.

Every problem you listed should be able to be solved in about an afternoon or less. Too bad the machine was not checked out closer before it was delivered to you. I would question the dealer more than the machine at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts