Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I am back. I had an overheating problem with my mule 3010. It is now fixed! Here is what I did... I started simple and went more complex. Initial problem mule would overheat. No radiator fan would run and air would accumulate in hard line near thermostat. Step one: checked hard lines for leaks. Found 2 pin holes in hard lines. Solution replaced hard lines and hoses. Step 2: checked radiator for air circulation and leaks. Result removed weed seeds plugging radiator fins replaced radiator cap because original had a bad gasket. Mule was still overheating. Did compression test results were 170 psi for each. This stumped me because I was thinking head gasket but the compression was normal. At this point I used multi meter and checked operation of radiator fan switch it worked ok. Step 3: replace water pump. Nothing seemed wrong with the old pump but what the heck I already had the new one so I replaced it. Still the overheating presisted! Step 4: the last and final step replace the head gaskets. This did it!!!!! Problem solved!!!! No over heating. I did check heads to see if they were in tolerance and not warped. They were less than .001 but close so gaskets are all that were required. Hope this helps some one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 4X4 it cranks fine when it's cold but when we take it hunting and shut it off and crank it a few times it won't engage the starter it makes a sound not a clicking sound you have to turn the key a few times before it will crank again. We have replaced the solenoid on the starter, and it's still acting up!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2510 overheated and I finally removed the water pump and found it to be defective.
On mine the impellar cross pin rotted off and kept the pump from circulating. The fact that the oil got icky was a firm indicator that something more drastic than air in the system or fan difficulties was occurring.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 4X4 it cranks fine when it's cold but when we take it hunting and shut it off and crank it a few times it won't engage the starter it makes a sound not a clicking sound you have to turn the key a few times before it will crank again. We have replaced the solenoid on the starter, and it's still acting up!!

Should've started your own thread with this topic rather than hijack someone elses. But you're gonna want to check the small wire on the solenoid while it's attached to the starter via backprobing the connector. It should have 12.5v +/- 1v while the key is turned to the crank position. If low (and I suspect it will be), follow your wiring diagram from the starter back to the key switch. Chances are you find your problem either in the wiring, starter relay, or key switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your fan is not coming on, chances are that someone did not get the air out of the cooling system. There is a switch in the radiator that controls the fan, if no coolant is in contact with the sensor then your fan wont come on and the engine gets hot. To solve this you have to run the Mule until it gets warm and then park it on a hill with the nose up in the air. Let it cool completly down then check your coolant level on level ground. 9 out of ten times that will solve the problem. Otherwise it is a stuck thermostat. Hoever if it is diesel Mule.....Hope this helps
Does this work on a 2510 diesel 4x4 mule

21 - 25 of 25 Posts