Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

You might will be able to help me out whats the problem is with my bike and every help will be appreciated. So basically recently I noticed that there si a rattling sound coming from engine bay when I'm taking off and when Im decelerating with engine thats the point when it is quiet loud but yesterday I started to notice this sound even in the second and third gear further I might cant notice it because of the wind and engine itself noise. When Im standing still in neutral the engine is running smoothly no rattling only the valves ticking but thats normal with ninjas. The start up when the bike is cold/hot no issues at all, the power is still the same. At least I didnt notice any loss of power. The bike has 22k on clock I had it in the shop couple months ago for scheduled maintenace where they changed sparks, valve clearence and adjustment oil change, oil filter etc. The shop is specialized on Kawasaki with long years history so I'm guessing they know what they are doing. I also have slip on exhaust on it which I installed half a year ago. Any idea what this can cause ? I will try to make a video but you cant really hear it when I stand still.

Regards,
Rasty

·
Registered
255 Posts
My guess is that when the dealer had all the fairings stripped off the bike, he forgot to tighten something fully.
It has taken a while for it to come loose enough to rattle. You may have to start removing the fairings to see what is loose. Even good mechanics can make a mistake on a bad day and forget to tighten something like a fairing fastener.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Don't ever think "the shop" knows what they are doing. I've been screwed over more than once by the "professionals".

Kinda difficult to say but it sounds like you have a loose cam chain. See if you can isolate which area the noise is coming from. But don't freak out just yet, I've had all kinds of noises drive me batty from loose exhaust baffles to a creaking helmet visor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply guys, I appreciate that. On my days off I will take fairings down and have a look but thats as far as I can get as I dont have much tools and not much experience either. I will update you with results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts