Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello gOOfyeRRoR

I just recently puchased an 08' ZZR 600 as my first bike. I've had it about 2 months and have 1280 miles already (and I live in Hawaii go figure). I basically got bored and wanted something else to do so I bough a bike. I got the same story from people I knew who had recently purchased a Ninja 250. I heard everything from "Its a real Ninja", and " The power is in the higher RPM".

The question I ask is if the Ninja 250 is such a great bike, hy spend so much time justifying it?

Yes I did ride one finally today. In comparison to the ZZR 600 I still feel the ZZR is a better bike. Sure the Ninja 250 is smaller and lighter and handles exceptionally well. However the ZZR doesn't NEED to wait until the higher RPM to pull. You roll on the throttle with a 600 and it moves. Granted the highest speed limit in Hawaii is 55 mph. AND? How many riders only ride the speed limit. I've been at 130 on my ZZR and got there faster than a Nissan 350z (So I had to prove something, and?) While riding the 250 I noticed myself wanting. Not to knock any owners, because I say if you bought it and love it than great for you. But the Ninja 250 is not for me, and isn't for everybody for that fact.

Your basic question about why would someone spend time justifying why the Nina 250 is such a great bike has to do primarily with the common misconception by mostly people who have little or no experience on this bike that it isn't really a real motorcycle and shouldn't be considered for anything other than a training tool. It seems everyone has an opinion and that's great I just believe it's good to hear the other side from someone who actually has ridden one for enough miles to make a more informed evaluation. I'm always pleased to hear about someone who is learning about the joys of riding a motorcycle. I congratulate you on your recent purchase and wish you many safe and happy miles on your ZZR 600. My first motorcycle experience occurred at the age of 14 on a Hodaka Ace 90 and have since ridden many different bikes both large and small over my 58 years. What I can share with you from my own experience is that it's not necessarily about how fast or big or whatever your bike is many times that endears it to you. The memories I have of riding around Quartz Mountains as a boy with my friends on a little bike that was hard pressed to go 65 mph ranks right up there with the most exciting motorcycles I've ever ridden. My point is the feeling of freedom of being connected with nature and all the other things that have attracted people to motorcycles since they were invented can be experienced on pretty much any motorcycle ( even bikes others don't necessarily think are really motorcycles). In my way of thinking the joys of riding like other joys in our lives have more to do with the emotions we feel at the time and the memories we have of those times. I understand after riding your ZZR 600 that a short ride on the little Ninja may leave you WANTING ( hardly a surprise really). What makes one motorcycle superior to another varies considerably from one person to another. In truth why should the choice of bikes be any different than anything else in life. Differences in our opinions, choices, desires and whatever make for a much more interesting world. In my opinion the little Ninja 250 is the best bang for the buck you can buy. It accelerates faster than probably 95% of the cars in the world up to the speed limit anyway, tops out over 100mph, handles well, stops well, gets great fuel mileage, easy to work on or inexpensive to get worked on if you can't do it yourself basically it's a practical fun all round bike that does what it does well enough that it has become one of my favorite motorcycles. As I've stated before the Ninja 250 or any other motorcycle for that matter will not necessarily be all things to all people but it does most things well enough and cost so little to buy and maintain that in my view it is the best bang for the buck available in these United States......just my opinion. We are in agreement my friend that the little Ninja is not nor will ever be the choice for many riders ( even for me there are better choices for specific uses) but in truth it would be hard to find a bike that offers more for less in this day and time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i don't think anybody here has bashed the 250-its a great bike! but lets face it -its a beginner
bike at best - the only drawback to the 250 is its weight,that's why you can sling it around so much-the bike has its place in certain riding conditions and will dominate in short runs and tight spots-but try it in a 30mph crosswind at highway speeds.folks buying a go fast bike want a go fast bike generally,that's where the 500 steps in, and frankly the 250 just runs out of steam on the top end,
i believe this bike is right at home on the track but i sure would hate to ride one 250 miles to the mountains and back :D there's are reason you see more 500's on the road than 250's :wink:
I agree with most of what you are saying anonymous, but bikeaholic has his point and I can vouch first hand. I'm living in North MS and it gets rather windy from time to time, 30MPH crosswinds on a bike where you both don't total 500 lbs is SCARY!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Changing Body Styles

Im new to riding bikes. But i just bought a 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250ex. And i was jw if you could change the body to a newer one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 07 ninja 250 and live in WV and i have to agree that it does much better on curves than my friends 1300 Honda VTX or 1400 kawasaki concourse they're always complaining they can't keep up. Side note i have a cracked fehring because i bought my bike used and think it was dropped any suggestions on how to fix it?

·
Registered
779 Posts
i rode a zzr600

I found myself WANTING better MPG.
I found myself WANTING lower insurance rates.
I found myself WANTING a lower cost to own.
I found myself WANTING...

different breeds for different needs. Every bike Kawasaki makes fits a different purpose.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
i rode a zzr600

I found myself WANTING better MPG.
I found myself WANTING lower insurance rates.
I found myself WANTING a lower cost to own.
I found myself WANTING...

different breeds for different needs. Every bike Kawasaki makes fits a different purpose.
My ZZR600's insurance costs me EXACTLY the same as my EX250 did, same policy limits, same insurance co...

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
IF you have completed the MSF most ins co's will provide a discount

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a Lime green kawi ninja 250! i love it so much. i dont know why people say they are ugly. i think its beautiful. i fell in love with it on first site! its funny because when i got it it was HEAVIER AND BIGGER than i expected it to be!!! im gonna go baby it right now. thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Kawasaki Ninja 250R are overall performance is best because it has got a world class sports bike. So many thing are given by viewer and also give a good comment for it that's right point of view. And it will becomed a great bike in class of sports. for further information about it any one may go for a sports bike sites as follow...www.myindiaguide.com, www.bikedekho.com :bd:

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja 250R are overall performance is best because it has got a world class sports bike. So many thing are given by viewer and also give a good comment for it that's right point of view. And it will becomed a great bike in class of sports. for further information about it any one may go for a sports bike sites as follow...www.myindiaguide.com, www.bikedekho.com :bd:
I call SPAM!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
daughter wanted a black 2009 but now the 2010's are out and she is getting the Black and Persimmon Red one with the silver graphics....

·
Registered
43 Posts
daughter wanted a black 2009 but now the 2010's are out and she is getting the Black and Persimmon Red one with the silver graphics....
Pretty nice looking bike. I like how they blacked out the exhaust pipe. I got a black 2009 250, and wish my exhaust pipe was black like that to match it :(

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
look for one on ebay and swap it out, then sell your old one back on ebay

·
Registered
43 Posts
look for one on ebay and swap it out, then sell your old one back on ebay
Would it be possible to just go to a shop and ask them to paint over it or will I have to swap out my old exhaust entirely? I try to stay away from ebay for parts...whether it be for cars or bikes. I've heard bad things about buying "ebay parts" for cars, so I'm kind of wary for buying parts from there for my bike too. Just wanna make sure my baby gets the best you know? :p

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
look at the reputaion of the seller...i rebuilt my 14 from and accident, from ebay parts...front rotors set for 99, front wheel off a 2009 monter 14, 150, and so on...do not paint your exhaust...and the cost associated with doing it right, will be exhorbant, trust me, you can PM me for more help and i will PM you my ph#...i love tinkering and working on any machine (well not the dishwasher when it breaks at midnite LOL)...its the engineer/scientist in me

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
so you have a 2009 stock exhaust (chrome right) and want the 2010 black right

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah it's a stock exhaust. I don't mind the look of it, but i think a blacked out exhaust would be a nice match with my black bike. It was just an idea, I haven't seriously considered it yet. I've seen bikes on the road with blue LED's on their wheels which look really sick at night, and that caught my eye too. I wanna buy all these things for my bike, but it's barely even been broken in yet and only has 100 miles on it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Would it be possible to just go to a shop and ask them to paint over it or will I have to swap out my old exhaust entirely? I try to stay away from ebay for parts...whether it be for cars or bikes. I've heard bad things about buying "ebay parts" for cars, so I'm kind of wary for buying parts from there for my bike too. Just wanna make sure my baby gets the best you know? :p
ebay parts are great. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! If not, you get ripped off and those are most of the people you hear bad reviews from. Exhausts from ebay, 9x out of 10 can be trusted. Usually, on ebay, if you research properly you can find manufacturer direct or close to it for anywhere from 10-50% discounts.

If its a trusted seller with thousands of sales, odds are they can be trusted.

-Dave

121 - 140 of 145 Posts