Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board and new to bikes in general. I bought a 1993 EX500 with only 3000 miles on it. The first day I was practicing and I was on a clear street at night. I saw a patch of water on the road from a sprinkler and stupidly grabbed the front brake in a panic. Needless to say, I dumped the bike. It went sliding on its left side. The damage was light. I broke the front turn signal and cracked the fender. I have fixed both. The left muffler is scrapped up, but in good condition otherwise. The leftmost part of the fairing has rash on it.

Two questions:

Can small spray cans of Kawasaki paint be ordered? I am decent with bondo and am confident I could do a decent job patching the fairing up. I just need to know how I can get paint. I suppose I could bondo it and prime it and take it to a spray shop, but I'd rather just get a small spray can and do it myself as it will be cheaper. The area that needs to be sprayed is only about 5"x5". I know metallic paint is a pain to blend, but I don't care about it looking factory fresh, I just want it to not be noticable.

Second. I know kawasaki likes to use black chrome, and I can't tell if the muffler is painted or black chromed. Either way, does anyone know of a gloss black paint that can handle the heat?

I just want to make the bike look decent, I don't need to win any shows. As much as I like the bike I really want an sv650s. I plan on keeping this bike for the season to learn on and if finances allow sell it and get the suzuki next year. At least I learned my lesson on a used bike rather than a brand new sv650s, that lesson is DONT PANIC ON THE FRONT BRAKE!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
maybe...

I dont know much about bikes, and for the kawa paint, I cant tell you for sure. About the black paint on the other hand, I found black paint resistant up to 1250 celcius, which is also used for bar-b-q's and other materials that will warm up big time. ANyways, I dont know if im answering your question directly, but I got this paint at canadian tire (yes a canadian!), which means you can probably get it at any hardware store. I used the paint to paint my muffler a bit, where it seemed to lose a bit of black color, usage I guess.
Maybe this helped! Ohh,and for kawasaki paint, im sure you can get some, just call em.

Dave

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Plastic Weld

Plastic Weld is what you should use on the plastic. You can use sand paper all the way down to 1600 or 2000 grit to polish it like glass if you want to. Go to www.por15.com for your muffler paint. You can prime your plastic and have a shop mix some paint or get some touch up paint through Kawasaki....Call Beartooth Kawsaki for prices 1-800-556-3098.
As far as wanting a SUZUKI....phif...check out July 2004 Motor Cyclist front cover for a Clone from a company that was building them for Suzuki...and they are going to be cheaper...sorry that you don't want to stay with Kawasaki...you'll miss your 500R!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Plastic Weld

ZX-2R said:
As far as wanting a SUZUKI....phif...check out July 2004 Motor Cyclist front cover for a Clone from a company that was building them for Suzuki...and they are going to be cheaper...sorry that you don't want to stay with Kawasaki...you'll miss your 500R!!!
I have that magazine. I really don't like that sv650s clone. Its going to be marketed under AlphaSports. I really want the sv650s with the full lower fairing. It will be unique, not like everyone's zx6r or gsxr750 or f4i.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Unique? If you say so :). I guess poeple ride those bikes Alot around there huh? ere you never see a F4i or a ZX-6R. Its all gixxer gixxer gixeer. Anyway, If I were you I'd go with a 04 ZX-6RR. That slipper clutch will make you luck SOOO cool, even when you mess up :oops: :shock: :lol: Anyway, any bike is good. L8Rs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts