Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about sporties or race bikes, but there is a great article in EE Times (Electronic Engineering Times) on Kawasaki's newest race bike and all the newest technologies used in it. Thought I would post the data so if anyone were interested. I get the magazine and Kawi on the front cover caught my eye before it hit the trash can.

TechOnline | Electronics off to the races
is the address of the article. You should be able to just cut and paste it. The bike was the Ninja ZX-RR MotoGP, 323 pounds and 200-plus horsepower. (scary to me!!)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I don't know about sporties or race bikes, but there is a great article in EE Times (Electronic Engineering Times) on Kawasaki's newest race bike and all the newest technologies used in it. Thought I would post the data so if anyone were interested. I get the magazine and Kawi on the front cover caught my eye before it hit the trash can.

TechOnline | Electronics off to the races
is the address of the article. You should be able to just cut and paste it. The bike was the Ninja ZX-RR MotoGP, 323 pounds and 200-plus horsepower. (scary to me!!)
Oh hell, come on Romad, I will buy one if you do.:biggrin:

D

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Interesting article - thanks for posting!

I love the looks of the ZX-RR, and wish Kawi would put out at least some watered down version on the showroom floors. Something along the lines of an 800cc I4 with fly by wire throttle control, maybe that new traction control stuff they have on the new ZX-10R. I'm sure the 200 HP output would be a bit much especially since a stock ZX-14 has that space, but something in between the ZX6R and ZX10 would be nice. Love the color and graphics too.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really!

Oh hell, come on Romad, I will buy one if you do.:biggrin:

D
Well Dave, you got the bucks (you are buying the patch!) so YOU buy me one, and I'll ride 'er!!

Motorcycles have to be thought of as you would a rodeo bucking bronc. An old song said it best (yes, I said I am tone deaf, but I can hear the words) "There ain't never been a rider that couldn't be throwed, and there's never been a horse that couldn't be rode" How fast the wind pins their ears back is just a technicality!!

:p

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
MotoGP bikes are absolutely phenomenal... though their handling characteristics in particular are so far-removed from street-going road bikes (infinitely stiffer chassis) that any average rider such as ourselves (more or less, I'm generalising obviously) would probably cut quicker lap times on a Superbike for example (that's assuming that we'd be able to handle either :biggrin:).

As regards a race-replica, personally I'm not very fond of the Kawi Moto GP. I think the only good-looking bikes of the lot are the Honda (in top spot) and the Suzuki... the Ducati with its exaggerated bubble design (for the front) and the Kawi with that weird-looking ram air duct are not really my thing.

However if a race-replica is what you're after... why not go for the Ducati Desmosedici RR?

Ducati Desmosedici RR

Hell, it only costs around 40.000 euros... as things go with Italian imports into the States, you guys are probably lucky enough to take it home for 40.000 US instead of the exchange rate equivalent :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well Dave, you got the bucks (you are buying the patch!) so YOU buy me one, and I'll ride 'er!!

Motorcycles have to be thought of as you would a rodeo bucking bronc. An old song said it best (yes, I said I am tone deaf, but I can hear the words) "There ain't never been a rider that couldn't be throwed, and there's never been a horse that couldn't be rode" How fast the wind pins their ears back is just a technicality!!

:p
If we pulled into town on a couple of those bad boys, we would turn some heads for sure. 8) I don't think my a$$ could handle sitting on one of those things for m09re than a few minutes.

D

·
Registered
122 Posts
If we pulled into town on a couple of those bad boys, we would turn some heads for sure. 8) I don't think my a$$ could handle sitting on one of those things for m09re than a few minutes.

D
Ride in big cities, hit every gas station. That should take all of 2 minutes if that. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts