Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 VN900LT. The bike has a tapping noise coming from the engine upon start-up when it is hot. The noise goes away when the oil circulates after about 1 minute. It is not there when the engine is cold. The dealer said he thinks it is the hydraulic tappetts, but I understood that hydraulic tappetts are designed not to make a noise. The bike has only done 1140 KMS so far, and has just had it's first 1000K service. Please can any of you offer suggestions, or have anyone had a similar noise?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
search!

I have a 2007 VN900LT. The bike has a tapping noise coming from the engine upon start-up when it is hot. The noise goes away when the oil circulates after about 1 minute. It is not there when the engine is cold. The dealer said he thinks it is the hydraulic tappetts, but I understood that hydraulic tappetts are designed not to make a noise. The bike has only done 1140 KMS so far, and has just had it's first 1000K service. Please can any of you offer suggestions, or have anyone had a similar noise?
Theres a thing on here called SEARCH. Do a search on vn900 engine noises or 900Lt engine noises. This subject has been done to death on here so you'll find all kind of info.

·
Registered
789 Posts
New Vulcan Owners Guide

With FI bikes a clattering sound that seems to be coming from somewhere on the right side of the engine but you just can't pin it down. That would be the air injection valves. Two solenoids that are under the right side 'air box' (often erroneously called an air cleaner cover) . When the engine is cold, these valves turn on and off in an effort to keep the idle high enough to prevent stalling. If you decide to modify the intake on your FI bike you'll probably remove these noisy little critters.
Much information on Vulcans, good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts