Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all kawasaki wheels interchangable? i have an 04' 636 and i am looking for another pair of wheels that i can polish and then put them on the bike when they are ready, will any wheels work that are from a kawi sport bike?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WHEELS

If you are going to polish them then just Call Beartooth 1-800-556-3098 and ask what the wheels would cost BEFORE calling a salvage yard and getting a price from them...Beartooth Kawasaki is excellent with prices..the extra wheels you can put on custom rubber anyway...

·
Registered
191 Posts
any kaw wheels will not just change over. even if they are styled similar there are little differences. now a 6r and 6rr wheel might swap i dont know, but when i worked at kaw dealer we didnt have any wheel exchange sheet. It was basically what we came up with. Having said that you can make just about any wheel fit but it takes time and some custom parts im sure. Ive got gsxr750 wheels on my bike. Im not sure if its beartooth but there are places that you can send your rims in exchange for a polished set. If you do this I would get the polished wheels first so you dont get scammed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
powder coated rims

hey, kinda off the subject, but what about powder coated rims vs. polish? I saw powder coated samples called "almost chrome" and it looks pretty good (definately reflective like chrome but not as). its about 1/3 the price vs. getting em' dipped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts