Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let me start off by saying that I am totally new at buying tires for my first motorcycle (the ZZR600 2008).

My first go at it, and I'm so confused at what tire to buy. If anyone with a ZZR600 can let me know what tires they went with and what worked out at an affordable price, (tire websites etc.), feed me some tips!

I've been shopping around and I can only really come out with three brand names, with one type tire each, that fit my size tires exactly (dunlop/bridgestone/pirelli) and I was really shocked that there's not too much else for me to pick from, because most all the other tires out there are slightly off from my tire size.

For example: my front tire is D207 Dunlop 120/65 ZR17

Most tires I'm looking at are 120/70. But I'm sure the 65 vs. the 70 matter alot right? will it fit on my bike? Because most of the tires I WANT to buy are 120/70. >_<

My tire specs are:

FRONT - Dunlop D207 Sportmax Radial 120/65 ZR17
REAR - Dunlop D207 Sportmax Radial 180/55 ZR17

Looking forward to getting some help with this! Thanks!

-Jon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well as you might have seen motorcycle tires aren't cheap. You pay for what you get though. If you are looking for a quality tire, Pirelli is a good choice, but they won't be "cheap". I hear good things about the Continental Road Attacks, so you may check those out. The Pirelli Diablo Rosso look good as well. If you just want an affordable cheap tire that is going to get you from point A to point B just stick with the stock dunlops.

As far as the tire size, yea the 120/70 will fit, you'll notice some difference in turning once you switch tire brands and sizes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
personally ive had good experience with bridgestone but tires are like oil everybody swears by one and youl get give hundred different opinions if you ride aggressive on the street spend the money to get a little bit softer tire if your cruisin just puttin miles on enjoyin the scenerey get a little cheaper tire that youl get more miles out of

1 - 3 of 3 Posts