Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter races a kx65 up in Canada. She is getting tall for the bike.She is only 10.How can i make this bike work for her for one more year.Bigger seat, riser bars,lower footpegs,,,,any help would be great.Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't have much experience with this, but I would suggest
1. Going with an aftermarket seat with extra height. I would think you could add about 2 inches by doing that.
2. Insure that the fork tubes are not above the top of the tripples (sometimes they are too high and stop at the handlebars). This could gain you 1/2 inch or so...
3. Reduce the sag out of the rear shocks by stepping them up a notch or two or going with a slightly longer shock This may gain you an inch or so.
4. Boots with less sole?
5. Bind her feet so she stops growing?
I've never heard anybody lowering the pegs. I would not suggest that as a good alternative.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My daughter races a kx65 up in Canada. She is getting tall for the bike.She is only 10.How can i make this bike work for her for one more year.Bigger seat, riser bars,lower footpegs,,,,any help would be great.Thanks!!!!!
Try to refrain from spending a lot of time and or money making a "too small" bike fit your daughter. Reasons are if she is too tall for the bike, she is also too heavy as well, which maxes the suspension effectiveness especially in a racing enviroment. I don't know your daughters level of experience, but if she is anything above, say a mid-level novice, you are going to realize the bike simply can't handle the added weight and abuse. KX65's were all sprung a tad soft to begin with with a normal sized rider (My son raced one as well) I understand that spending money is never easy, but I strongly suggest you sell your 65, and move her up to an 85. You will be amazed at how much faster and smoother her ability will progress on a chassis that correctly fits her..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.