Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Kawasaki KLF 300 4x4, there is two adjusting screws, does anyone have any advice what the bottom adjustment screw is for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm lost with these matey but this might help
Thanks Ropp,
I have seen and done that, but if I follow his instructions turn clockwise then anticlockwise till hard the gears don't seem to engage, If I turn the adjustment screw Clockwise till hard then they ingage, not sure whats going on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Ropp,
I have seen and done that, but if I follow his instructions turn clockwise then anticlockwise till hard the gears don't seem to engage, If I turn the adjustment screw Clockwise till hard then they ingage, not sure whats going on.
Seems slightly different with the two, need to do the top first , then the bottom and hes talking about resistance with the bottom one and taking it back to the centre of the clockwise and anti clockwise before locking it off, but what do I know ,I've never seen one of these before or even sat on one, I'm not very helpful I know.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway, I'v put new oil & filter in last night got the gears to engage but the gear stick seams a bit sloppy just need to give it a run out and see if the clutch is still slipping in top gears.
Thanks again

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks anyway, I'v put new oil & filter in last night got the gears to engage but the gear stick seams a bit sloppy just need to give it a run out and see if the clutch is still slipping in top gears.
Thanks again
Good luck matey,what oil do they recommend for these

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Motul 5000 4T 10w-40 a semi-synthetic lubricant four stroke oil for wet clutch bought off ebay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts