Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gel Seat Ride Test

JakeVN900
After you had a chance to put on some miles it would be great to hear your comparison to the stock seat regarding comfort. The Mustang Seat are pricey. It would be nice to go with the gel seat if it was just as good if not better.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
Very nice,

You'll like that seat. I have the same seat on my classic and its great on long rides. No numb fanny with that baby. Cogratulations on riding comfortably. Enjoy.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Nice Jake! Your butt will love you for it :biggrin:

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
did you just get it from the dealer? Is that about the only place to get them?

·
Enjoying Warmer Weather
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've got about 3000 mi since my gel seat upgrade.
Used to ride about 45 mins before the pain started, now a couple of hours or more is no problem.
Also got mine at Ron Ayers. Had it in about a week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice! Do you find your sitting in the same position, or has it moved you either back or forward? Im stretching for the handle bars now and Im planning on getting some riser to help with that but if the seat moves you forward then I would rather get the seat. :D

·
Enjoying Warmer Weather
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! Do you find your sitting in the same position, or has it moved you either back or forward? Im stretching for the handle bars now and Im planning on getting some riser to help with that but if the seat moves you forward then I would rather get the seat. :D
I'll have to comment on that in a few weeks, I have only sat on it so far. It feels like I won't feel the need to slump anymore. Like it is going to correct my posture. KS_Greg may have a few comments though.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I looked at the Ron Greene site on ebay, he sells it pretty cheap, but the shipping fee is astronomical...over $47. With that kind of shipping fee, they just put the seat about $15 cheaper than the kawasaki.com website is asking.

OUCH!!!

I'm lucky that my dealer will match internet prices and they only charge me $3 shipping if it's a Kawasaki part.

They just called and my wifes Studded Gel seat is in for her 900 LT. I can't wait to see if the Gel seat and Risers make her 900 LT much more comfortable for her on longer rides.

I have one on my V2K and like it so far, but I haven't been on a long enough ride to give a fair review yet.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I looked at the Ron Greene site on ebay, he sells it pretty cheap, but the shipping fee is astronomical...over $47. With that kind of shipping fee, they just put the seat about $15 cheaper than the kawasaki.com website is asking.

OUCH!!!

I'm lucky that my dealer will match internet prices and they only charge me $3 shipping if it's a Kawasaki part.

They just called and my wifes Studded Gel seat is in for her 900 LT. I can't wait to see if the Gel seat and Risers make her 900 LT much more comfortable for her on longer rides.

I have one on my V2K and like it so far, but I haven't been on a long enough ride to give a fair review yet.

Shipping to my zip code is only $14.60. I wonder why it is so bad for you??

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Looks kinda like my Mustang.....but I like the price (1/2 the price).
Don't get me wrong...I love the Mustang and can ride all day long...but that gel seat looks pretty good...esp for the price.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
JakeVN900
After you had a chance to put on some miles it would be great to hear your comparison to the stock seat regarding comfort. The Mustang Seat are pricey. It would be nice to go with the gel seat if it was just as good if not better.
Stock seat is terrible for sure!:-D

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I would love to find someone that is trading in their bike and buy one second hand and get it even cheaper. Man I'm cheap!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts