Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vulcan 900 LT Just installed my kawi lightbar. The cobra engine guard was already on. The lightbar turn signals scrape the engine guard when handle bar turns all the way to the side in either direction. Looks like I'll be getting a new engine guard.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had the same problem and have recently posted such in several threads at this site, including the "100% fits the 900".

Luckily, I was having both installed at Sun Motorsports here. They had talked me into switching to the Cobra light and highway bars after I waited four months for delivery of the Kawis I paid for when I bought the 900. Because of the delay and switching, I talked them into installing both, at no additional cost.

They somehow came up with a Kawi light bar and installed that along with the Cobra highway bars. They called me up, describing the very problem you've stated you have. They suggested going to the Cobra light bar which has its turn signals sticking outward. I told them that was what I had agreed to anyway and thought they were putting on.

In the end, I ended up with the Cobra light and highway bars and everything is hunkydory.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
The Kawi engine guard is at least a couple of inches lower than the Cobra/MC. It should work fine. Also you horn can mount back where it was. Check the pics on my link.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Hey CycleDude,

Do you know if your light bar will work with a Memhis Fats Shield?

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Here is a Cobra Light Bar with Cobra Engine Guard....No problems

Check in avatar to the left.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Hey CycleDude,

Do you know if your light bar will work with a Memhis Fats Shield?
It should but I don't know for 100% sure. It is basically independant spot lights that mount to the existing bar. It comes with spacers for use with windsheilds. I've seen it work with OEM sheilds, but not with the Memphis shields specifically.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Make a bracket to move the bar forward by an inch or so... should be able to get it chromed or powder coated for under $40.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Where do you go to get the chroming done Rich?
There's a shop about 30 miles from me that is pretty good, but you should be able to find someone locally and avoid shipping.

If nothing local is available, black powdercoat is a good alternative.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Thanks, I will have to look around and see if anyone does it here.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
I think I will have to buy what looks good and make it fit. It won't be the first time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts