Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard of KCM as a manufacturer of drive chains. Anyone running one of these? Any good?

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
Just heard of KCM as a manufacturer of drive chains. Anyone running one of these? Any good?
You don't say what you plan on putting it on.

Overall, it's cheap, low-grade chain... If you have small motorcycle, it'd be OK... but it's tensile strength is low. I personally wouldn't run it on any bike... stick with the main brands - RK, DID & Tsubaki are good

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Been in the bike business most of my life, and never heard of that brand before.
I run the brands mentioned abouve by Jeff on most stuff, and for extremely harsh use I use sidewinder chains and sprockets, they are amazingly tough.

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
Okay, thanks for the advice. What about Diamond chains? Also junk?
The chain market is very competitive on price - so if the chain is super cheap, the quality is super low... there are NO bargain chains out there...

In the case of chain, price is a very good indication of quality.

The good chain manufacturers do make cheaper non o-ring chain, but these do not last very long. There are a few bikes that you must run non o-ring chain on due to clearance - but the life of a cheap chain is very short. Worse, on a more powerful bike, can result in a broken chain destroying your engine or severely injuring the rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts