Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now when i try to put it into gear and go it conks out and now its idleing weird it's really high then bogs out ... i just put sea foam in it cause the carb was pretty messy from some old gasss anny help pleasee?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks alot that was my same assesment on the cleaning but im 14 so can you explain what a fuel filter exactly is? and one more thing is i put some sea foam through it before i did this it wouldnt run but it idle low and fine but now its high and boggs out so i see what your saying.

jason

·
Registered
106 Posts
good to see a young bloke having a go a fixing his own bike.Ok, firstly take off the fuel tank & drain it completely.Then add some fresh fuel.Turn on the fuel tap with the hose disconnected & check if the fuel flows freely. Change the spark plug. then try it. keep me posted Wayno 1500 drifter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok put the fuel in a clean fuel can.then put a couple of liters of fresh fuel into the tank.(dont forget to mix the fuel with oil)& try again.dont forget the plug change to clean the carby.wayno 1500 drifter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.