Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of KDX upside down forks from a wrecker in Japan. Apparently they had never been used, but during storage the blue section had become badly corroded, with some sections flaking.

So I had someone polish them and they've come up looking like new. However I'm concerned about the structural integrity may have been comprised and the forks are dangerous. Besides the corrosion, they seem very good.

I've just joined and don't seem to be able to post pics, so I realize it's difficult to answer, but any help is appreciated.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I recently purchased a pair of KDX upside down forks from a wrecker in Japan. Apparently they had never been used, but during storage the blue section had become badly corroded, with some sections flaking.

So I had someone polish them and they've come up looking like new. However I'm concerned about the structural integrity may have been comprised and the forks are dangerous. Besides the corrosion, they seem very good.

I've just joined and don't seem to be able to post pics, so I realize it's difficult to answer, but any help is appreciated.
Well how much material is actually lost off them ?

And do yourself a favour and change the fluid before installing them.

I would guess they are fine, unless for some reason they were so rusted the person that cleaned them had to literally grind away at them to get them clean, so ask the person that cleaned them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.