Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was loading up the kdx50 in the truck this afternoon to take the son riding and I noticed that the front forks looked bent. They appear to be bent right at the lower triple clamp. Last week my son was riding and had a pretty hard crash. His front wheel dropped into a hole and he went down. I didn't notice anything wrong at the time. He has ridden the bike since then, including today. It seems to ride all right but, I noticed that the forks seem to be leaking what looks like grease.

·
Registered
142 Posts
kdx50 front forks

removal, disassembly,, cleaning and reassembling on the forks for this bike is fairly easy. after they are removed from the bike there is only one locknut to remove, the tubes seperated and the srings can be removed. be sure to clean out all grease from the metal parts. the springs are lubricated with what the manual calls suzuki super grease "A" (part # 99000-25010), however any high temp wheel bearing grease will do. When reassmebing be sure to intall the short upper spring and long lower springs so that the tapered ends meet each other. tighten the locknut to 29 ft/lbs and reinstall. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts