Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very good at this stuff, but don't mind getting into it. I just need some pointers on where to start and what I'm looking at, guessing this is a carb problem. Bike sat for about 4-5 months. Something on the throttle was stuck and wouldn't twist at all, bike would start with choke on and idle FAST for as long as we'd let it but would not run if I took the choke off. I twisted the throttle pretty hard and it let loose, so it can be twisted now, but now it will not start at all with choke on and without choke it'll start and run for a few seconds and then die.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Pull the carb and give it a complete teardown and thorough cleaning. Check the throttle cable and make sure it's not broken now and lube it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the carb and give it a complete teardown and thorough cleaning. Check the throttle cable and make sure it's not broken now and lube it.
I think the throttle cable is OK, when it's idling just after kicking it over I can twist it and the bike will attempt to rev up and immediately bog and die. I'll pull that carb off, gonna have to google up some carb cleaning instructions but I'll get it done. Thx for the info.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
These carbs are all similar in how they work and the parts they have. You might want to watch a few of the many videos on youtube to have an idea of what to expect when you tear it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These carbs are all similar in how they work and the parts they have. You might want to watch a few of the many videos on youtube to have an idea of what to expect when you tear it down.
Definitely plan on hitting some youtube videos. I don't know what I used to do before youtube, books?????????????:confused: :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts