Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an honest opinion about the kdx50. I just bought one and haven't taken delivery yet. I am having serious second thoughts. I am thinking I should have bought the Honda CRF50. Does the kdx50 have enough power? Is my 5 year old going to outgrow it in a month or two? I know this is a Kawasaki forum but hopefully I can get honest answers here without being flamed.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Relax, it's a good bike, not any major differences with other brands. Your son should have fun on it for years to come. As his skill level increases he will just learn how to get more out of the bike.

To him it's a game and I don't think he really cares that he's going 10 or 12 mph. View it as a learning tool, when he's exhausted all possibilty of riding the bike any faster or better then consider upgrading ( or when his knees block his view ).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you bought a kawisuki and your worried? :) don't fret you got a nice little scoot for him to learn on - very reliable and durable imo - put on the gear and ride :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki KDX50

Should be good for a few months, and you can change it from a 1-speed to a 2-speed easily. It comes with low gear blocked off, only has a 2nd gear. You can grind the shifter metal (easy to access) using a template that is available all over the internet. Then put a 1-tooth larger countershaft sprocket on it and it will be good for another year plus get your kiddo used to the concept of shifting gears. Nice bike, also quite light, about 30 pounds lighter than a 3-speed CR50 or XR50, which are also nice bikes. You can usually get all your money out of either bike when you sell it. Good luck, and don't skimp on the protective gear for the little tyke. pandow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts