Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '73 KE100, oil injected 2-stroke. I've owned it for years and it always ran great, just like a chainsaw.

It didn't start last week and as I investigated, I found that it doesn't have any spark and thought a good place to start would be to get a new coil.

Does anyone know if it would likely be the main coil under the gas tank or one of the other coils? According to parts lists, there are three others.

I appreciate any help,

Brian

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I dont know there, but here there are several places that REWIRE your down coil.

I reccomend you to make a separate test to see if the problem is the down coil (alternator) or the two up coils the ones that goes to the sparkplugs.

Doing this separate test you might know if coils are the problem, wich, and if not might be your CDI.

be patient, electric problems are a nightmare.

·
Registered
393 Posts
your bike still has points.i would start there.if the points are ok i have had a couple ke100's that had the coil under the tank bad.but check points first.gap should be .013.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '73 KE100, oil injected 2-stroke. I've owned it for years and it always ran great, just like a chainsaw.

It didn't start last week and as I investigated, I found that it doesn't have any spark and thought a good place to start would be to get a new coil.

Does anyone know if it would likely be the main coil under the gas tank or one of the other coils? According to parts lists, there are three others.

I appreciate any help,

Brian
Hey Brian, I’m new to the KE100 game. Did you ever find out where one can purchase an aftermarket ignition coil. I have a 1978KE 100 and the previous owner bought an eBay coil which obviously didn’t give it a spark being that it was for a CDI bike. I’ve tried really hard around town to try to find a 6 V coil for points but no luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts