Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the chrome Kerker 4-1 I currently have with a new one. The only problem is I can't find any chrome ones, only black ones. Nothing against the black ones, in fact I would love to hear from folks out there who have or have seen the black ones and tell me how they look. Anyways, if anyone has a link to a vendor that still has the chrome ones I would greatly appreciate it.
It's for a 1981 KZ1000K1 (LTD). Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Red line has them, and of course, Supertrap. around $800 delivered.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, redline has them. Thanks. Still trying to decide how the black might look. The black set is less expensive and that's attractive but just not sure how it will look on the bike. Might be too much black between the frame, tires, etc. Having the chrome pipe is a nice contrast. Chrome fender up front, then the pipe, and finally the rear chrome fender. Dunno, decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm replacing the chrome Kerker 4-1 I currently have with a new one. The only problem is I can't find any chrome ones, only black ones. Nothing against the black ones, in fact I would love to hear from folks out there who have or have seen the black ones and tell me how they look. Anyways, if anyone has a link to a vendor that still has the chrome ones I would greatly appreciate it.
It's for a 1981 KZ1000K1 (LTD). Thanks!!
Why are you replacing yours? I think the black ones (I had black Kerkers on my Z-1 years ago) look very cool but they definitely give the bike more of a modified look. IMHO..

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you take a look at a KZ1000 ELR, they came stock with a black Kerker megaphone system. Would have to use a bit of imagination to visualize it on your LTD. But you could at least get an idea. Personally, I'll take black over chrome any day.

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
An ELR comes with a Kerker KR which discontinues the use of the centerstand and does not allow access to the oil filter without removal. A megaphone Kerker does not.

I have run on my bike...
The stock Kerker KR
a Bassani (No longer made)
Stock KZ1100B2 GPz pipes (my favorite, and the best with stock carbs)
A Vance and Hines megaphone
and its present SuperTrapp.

The VHR megger is probably the best for your use as Kerker prices are ridiculous.

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
An ELR comes with a Kerker KR which discontinues the use of the centerstand and does not allow access to the oil filter without removal. A megaphone Kerker does not.

I have run on my bike...
The stock Kerker KR
a Bassani (No longer made)
Stock KZ1100B2 GPz pipes (my favorite, and the best with stock carbs)
A Vance and Hines megaphone
and its present SuperTrapp.

The VHR megger is probably the best for your use as Kerker prices are ridiculous.
Again we agree!:wink: I wish I could find a Bassani!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm......recoating would save me a bunch of $$$. Money I could put elsewhere. I will email that company that Zoro linked and see what they can do for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts