Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that you should always remember the following rules when setting the kickstand.

If possible park with the front of the bike slighlty higher than the back, make sure it's in first gear and make sure the kickstand is fully extended towards the front. Good idea before getting off the bike to give it a backwards tug to make sure everything is seated.

If parking on soft surface like, sand, grass, realy hot asphalt use a plate of some kind under the foot of the stand to distribute the weight. You can use a piece of wood, a crushed can, an electrical box plate or anything else that can spread out the weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
there is one more rule that i learned about last night. when parking in the shop or garage after you finish up your ride.....always put the kickstand down before you get off and walk away!....i have no idea what i was thinking....just walked off and the bike fell over :(

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You also have to remember to put the kick stand up before you try to take off, you'll get so frustrated as to why your bike keeps dieing. :x

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
kawasaki said:
http://www.freakinout.com/

I just noticed you link to the forum from your website. Awesome! :D Thanks.
I said I'd promote this site, plus it is a handy place for me to find my bookmarks remotely. 8)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freakinout said:
You also have to remember to put the kick stand up before you try to take off, you'll get so frustrated as to why your bike keeps dieing. :x
At least you have the built in safety feature of an engine cut off switch at the kickstand. On bikes that don't have this everything is fine until you turn left. :lol:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Freakinout said:
At least you have the built in safety feature of an engine cut off switch at the kickstand. On bikes that don't have this everything is fine until you turn left. :lol:
hopefully you aren't trying to be a knee scrapper when you make that left hand turn too, that could end very poorly :shock:

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah....did the kick stand thing when i 1st got the bike.....called the dealer.....man did i feel stupid :oops: however, have not done the red light thing yet.....guess i still have plenty of time to do that one :roll:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
mbrubin said:
yeah....did the kick stand thing when i 1st got the bike.....called the dealer.....man did i feel stupid :oops: however, have not done the red light thing yet.....guess i still have plenty of time to do that one :roll:
I killed my bike like 15 times in the grocery store parking lot, with all these lovely coeds watching, my top brain finally started working again and I realized that my kickstand was still down.... I always remember it now. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
guess your age determines which is more embarrasing...in my case i'm old so doing the "kickstand stall" in front of a bunch of young co-eds would bother me a bit......now on the other hand calling the dealer and asking him whats up with the bike (kickstand stall) ........now when i walk in the dealership, they say "how are you kick stand" ? :oops:

thinking about going to another dealer for parts! :D

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
mbrubin said:
guess your age determines which is more embarrasing...in my case i'm old so doing the "kickstand stall" in front of a bunch of young co-eds would bother me a bit......now on the other hand calling the dealer and asking him whats up with the bike (kickstand stall) ........now when i walk in the dealership, they say "how are you kick stand" ? :oops:

thinking about going to another dealer for parts! :D
I'd just start ordering them all off the internet, nobody can make fun of you there.

well, at least not to your face. :lol:

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome everyone and I'm a dealer and I have walked off without the kickstand down and it fell over right in front of the Harley store now that will make you want to hide! :lol:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Kawi said:
Welcome everyone and I'm a dealer and I have walked off without the kickstand down and it fell over right in front of the Harley store now that will make you want to hide! :lol:
yeah
I did that too, the first night of ownership. Luckily I caught myself and the bike never got dropped, just set on the ground. The two guys I was riding with were reaching for it as it was going down. :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I did the "kick stand not down" bit with my son in law's Triumph in his garage. Still had my helmet on, thank God, because it drove me right into the garage door track and I still have the scar on my shoulder! That was one heavy SOB, especially when your feeling that stupid!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Try this:

first day ride on a bike with sidecar:
You always want to put down Your feet at red traffic lights.

After some hours, when You get used to drive with a sidecar, change back to a solo-bike.

And what will happen at the next red traffic light , especially if some chickens are watching you ?
oops :oops:

(I think I need not explain any further details)

So much about the subject "stupidness" :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Uncle Bob

Def: chicken is the long form or the british version of chick. 8)
Something which pleases the eye of a man. Often it makes man behave crazy and foolish :wink:
Also young birds are called so.

Or might there be any different meaning in US-english ? :oops:

Spanish version: chica :lol:

That's the fate of a foreigner who is not familiar with common speech :?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
hee hee

chickens,birds,hotties,babes,-whatever you wanna call em-its good to see we all have something in common :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: hee hee

bikeaholic said:
chickens,birds,hotties,babes,-whatever you wanna call em-its good to see we all have something in common :lol: :lol:
I agree, I had just not heard that one before ! :lol:

Don't worry about different versions of english, it just makes it more interesting, but I will ask if I'm not sure about something. :?

Actually I'm french Canadian, so every version of english is foreign to me. :wink:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts