Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i trying to figure out my kickstart problems. kickstart grinds and binds when i go to start it. so i pulled the clutch cover off and check out the kickstart. right away i see metal shavings on the kickstart gear. not good, so me next step is to remove the clutch basket, but i don't think i have the right socket as of now, so i need some advice on putting this thing back together. does the clutch nut or water impeller nut need to be torqued on? or just run them tight? figured i post this now and get things straightened out before i go to finish it. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ya so i found input shaft snapped and bent, and idle gear sheared a tooth. who knows what else is broke in there, what do you guys think? fix it or dump it, btw i only paid 900 for the bike and it has real low hours, although it is a 94, not sure what to do. and i dont want to go through splitting the case myself

·
Knows more than he needs
190 Posts
fix it man! dont let a decent bike go to waste becuase of a sheared tooth and snapped shaft. it could be alot worse you know. if you dont want to split the cases, have a dealer do it. it usually is worth it if anything in the cases are salvageable. which by your description, alot of it is still good. ebay is your friend. im sure you can find a new input shaft and idler gear for next to nothing on there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im i decided im going to, i talked to a buddy of mine who works on bikes on the side and he is gonna split them for me cause i really don't feel like doing it other than the fact i have no time to do it. you guys think new piston and rings while its gonna be open? the bike only has about 100 hours on it tho

·
Knows more than he needs
190 Posts
it depends on how much compression it has. if its good on compression then ther is no need to replace them because it would be more money for the same amount of power. but if you want to do it, im not gonna stop you lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts