Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to get a kids full face helmet for our munchkins. Who makes excellent kids helmets & what's a good on line place to order one.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Helmets

Still, does your dealer carry them? Trying on a helmet and getting it to fit properly is something hard to do through a website...I'm not picking on you, you know that, but I know when I tried on shoes as a kid I was so excited about getting them that I didn't understand about how they were supposed to fit...comparing prices from the shop versus the web though would at least let you know if the dealere is being fair on mark up or if he is being greedy...just because he carries them.
I ordered a R/C race car in Virginia from the R/C shop knowing htat he was getting a mark up and what it was, but I was upset when he had only ordered two of them and tehy were delivered they were still in the Tower Hobbies box behind the counter. I could have ordered it through Tower and saved about $30.00...that was seriously taking advantage of me...so doing some homework is good. Knowing your dealer is great!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer only caries open face helmets for munchkins & not full faced helmets. They had to look in several catalougs & never did find the HJC youth helmet. They were saying to take them in & see how the open face helmets fit (Don't remember what brand) & then we'd have a better idea about what size we need.

I did the search thing & have yet to find a snell rated kids helmet. The cheapest I've found is the link you posted but have no idea if they are a good net source?

Anybody know if The Helmet Shop is a trustworthy internet store?
I'm thinking about getting the HJC CL-14 as we have the same helmet. According to the size chart one L/XL youth helmet would fit both kids.

I get the feeling kids don't spend much time on street bikes & then they're not wearing the correct helmet's.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been thinking about calling Beartooth, but I'm just naturally lazzy & don't really want to wait till Tues. Knowing me I'll wait till Tues & then forget to call or get so busy in the shop I'll forget till after they close :?

Wish they had some kind of on line ordering/price thing as I've gotten semi accustomed to ordering from on line shops. This gives me a paper trail if things go wrong & with the net as big as it's become a really good sourse of items at great prices. Guess I'm just lazzy eh :p :p

Added on edit Filled out Beartooth's on line contact page & will kick back & see what they have to say 8) 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FUNNY THOUGHT DEJAVU

Been there, done that...suggested to Beartooth already...infact I requested that they run a weekly special or monthly special of Genuine Kawasaki Merchandise, and it could be ordered by them from Kawasaki and shipped directly to us...and they wouldn't have a dime tied up in inventory...put it in the Showroom, or make up a SalesRoom...even suggested that thye could run a few of their genuine used bikes in the forum...that we could see the data on as well as a price....so far...I/we don't see anything...I expect a notice or reply of "Things like this take time..." but I haven't even seen this at all and I haven't received ANY comments on my other suggestions (constructive and not personal) either. It's kind of frustrating. I would fly to MT and purchase a bike if I had the money to do so, and I suppose there are others that would as well...in fact they couldeven set up a ride from the airport to a local hotel, you know..a complete package deal. Have to send you a PM...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FUNNY THOUGHT DEJAVU

It would be 8) if beartooth was to set up a page at least listing everything they carried & we could e-mail for prices.

Not knowing what they carry I'm just shooting in the dark. Plus I'm a loyal SOB & want to give my dealer as much of my hard earned cash as possible as long as they treat me right. However, on the otherhand I'd like to give beartooth the chance to get some of my cash also since without them this forum would not exist.

I know of a Ford dealer (in Texas) who will sell you a truck, fly you in & put ou up in a hotel while at the same time you pay less than locally. However, who knows if this is even feasable for buying bikes.

We shall see what beartooth has to say about the helmet & a Memphis Shades shield.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
See you read my PM to you...

Yes I suggested and feel the EXACT same way that you do. Beartooth is a great place and deserves our business...I too am that loyal SOB that would rather pay and benefit from having a great dealer...you think that perhaps they would read their own FORUM sometimes...I;'ve even suggested that they hire/have someone full time to read parts wanted, adn even on the tech parts of this to give advice...Thy could seriously pull in not only some cash but make people happy in the process. I kinda got chewed out for my third party referals to a sallvage yard owned by a fellow that lives in my own little town...so I had to quit or lose the use of the FORUM. I asked about the price of advertizing as he suggested, but I've waited about a month now with no response to the fee. I wasn't making any money or anything only helping the FORUM find old parts...Anyway...I hope to be able to oneday fly up and purchase a bike from them...I really like them...but they aren't completely with the full program yet!

·
Registered
456 Posts
My son and I wear HJC Sy-max flip up helmets. His is an adult size small. They also make an extra small. The small fits him great -- nice and snug all around. I chose the flip up so we could talk quickly if needed. I wanted to make riding as comfortable for him as possible, and being in quick communication with his Dad was part of that for me. Unfortunately, none of the flip helmets are Snell rated.
Curt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts