Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 04 zx6r every time i start up my bike and from neutral i drop it into 1st gear it dies. i been told to cut the two wires that runs to the kickstand and tie them together to trick the bike to think the stand is still down. i cut the wires and my bike still dies. Is there something else to this problem? this has never happened before til recently. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
here's a better fix. put your sidestand up THEN put it into gear. problem solved without cutting any wires or having to modify anything. Last time I had a bike that didnt have a kickstand safety switch, I forgot the stand was down til I went to make a left turn and nearly crashed. I also left a fairy good gouge in the pavement of my school parking lot too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would never disable a safey mechanism on the bike for the sake of getting it to work unless I planned on returning it to the orginal condition very shortly after.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tied them yesterday together and left them apart. still doing the same thing. i will check to see if it is the clutch switch. I do put the kickstand before i drop it into gear and still dies. the weather been nice finally and now i cant ride. bout to bust the kids bike so at least i can i been out riding a "bike"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts