Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this or want to get flamed... I'm just noticing that there are a heck of a lot of 500 and 250 sport bikes here. In the town I live in just about everyone who rides a sport bike has a liter bike (600cc+). Are there a lot of smaller sport bikes in bigger cities? I think I might see one 500 or lower bike in every 30 or 40 bikes I see here. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them. Some people just don't need or want a bigger bike. I think they could use a make over though. Thats the biggest reason I don't like them is the looks. Not because the engine is smaller, I just like the looks of the body of the 600cc+ bikes. I also would never refuse to ride with someone just because they are riding one either. IMHO its not the kind of bike, its the kind of rider.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I see a lot more large displacement bikes than the smaller ones, but I've seen quite a few smaller bikes around. At least 10+ 250s and 15+ 500s, but gixxers and any 600cc+ ss bike seems to be more popular. I see more harley's than anything else.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I see a lot more Harleys than anything else as well. In fact I like riding with them more than a lot of the other liter bikes. I like to horse around sometimes but then I do like to just cruse around town. Not everything is a competition.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Actually my cc size is in the minority here...

Just about everyone in my local area/town rides at least a 600cc, the Honda 4fi's and GSXR's are the most popular, with a second going to the Ducatti and BMW's.

·
Registered
605 Posts
unless I pass a group, I rarely ever see 2 of the same type of bike so everyday when I go to work it's harley, sportbike, metric, sportbike, dual-sport

Oh yeah no offense but when you said "liter bike (600cc+)" yeah... a liter is equal to 1000 cubic centimers hence the term, liter bike, once again, I'm just telling you so you don't say something like that while trying to sexplain something

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I see more Harley...and I mean Harley.....than any other "type" of bike in the Phoenix area.....
However as far as sportbike....more 600+ than any other of type.
But its funny, you know how you buy a bike or car and then all of a sudden you see that same type of "ride" every where you go??!!
Just when you think you have the only one.....I hate when that happens!! :wink:

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
The only 250 Ninja I've EVER seen in person-- is the one sittin in the dealer's showroom.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I asked is cause it seems like 90% of everyone who posts on here either is ridding a cruiser or a 500/250 sports bike. Reason I thought it was funny is cause like OmahaRider, I've only seen one sports bike under 600cc other than on a show room floor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are a ton of 600s, some 750s, few 900s, alot of 1000s, and a few 1100s, pretty good selection, only ninga 500 I knew of, was my bros bike, but he could run with even the liter bikes :twisted: hehe

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my little corner of the Phoenix area desert. It's about 30% HD, 50%metric, 15% Custom ($30k and up) the rest a mix. The cops ride BMW's.

Of the metrics it's about about 50% Cruiser. The metrics are all sizes. Valks, GoldWing to Burgmann Scooters to 250's.

The sport bikes go buy so fast I can't tell how big they are. Just asses and elbows. :lol: :lol: :wink:

A lot of commuters/students on mostly sport bikes, since gas prices went up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in Quebec Canada, and here, we have loads and loads of harleys. I went for a ride on sunday, with 2 other sport bikes and 3 harleys. We went on nice country roads and ended up in a wave of about 30 bikes, which had about 20 harleys, 5 other customs and about 5 sports bikes. So here, I would have to say that harleys and customs are alot more popular. On the sports bike side, I would also have to say that I see many 600cc bikes and over. Ive seen some 500r kawa's, but I see mostly 600cc and over, especially suzukis.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We have the sportbike riders all the time. If you go to the Rock Store you'll see the cruisers in the afternoon - they don't wake up until later I guess and see lots of sportbikes. Up the Angeles crest there Newcombs ranch and lots of everything there.

Most bikes are 750's and above while most of the girls are riding 600"s Ninjas,Gixers and Yama's

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow, that's a LOT of bikes!

·
Registered
70 Posts
mostly harleys and gold wings around here. every once and a while, you see a custom sportbike or a hayabusa.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Aikata said:
Wow, that's a LOT of bikes!
On a good night we will get over 300 bikes + some revved up cars and usually about that time we will either get the California Highway Patrol, Los Angeles County Sheriffs or LAPD!

Always a few stuntas in the crowd that don't follow the rules and then the cite books come out for the dummies.

It's worth the drive if you are in the area or willing to take and extended road trip just to feel the fun of being with fellow bikers!

Wednesday nights 8:30PM If you leave at 2:00PM from Phoenix you guys and gals can make it ha ha.

·
Registered
380 Posts
LOL, that'd be a fun ride if I had a ZZR-250 ;)

Ah, maybe someday... sounds like a blast though :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
I see more Harley...and I mean Harley.....than any other "type" of bike in the Phoenix area.....
That's probably true. There are more HD dealerships in the east valley than there are gas stations. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts