Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in Greece and I own a Kawasaki KLE250 (2003 model), formerly codenamed "Anhelo".

I am writing because, during extensive research on the net, I have found it very difficult to locate information, accessories, parts, etc. for this bike. Even more strangely, I was not able to locate a single Kawasaki official site featuring the KLE 250 !!! As a consequence, I am unable to get a complete idea of what is available for my motorcycle in terms of parts and accessories, and I am having a very hard time to locate brands and makers that have products specifically for it! In my country support is only through official dealers who are doing a fairly good job but lack greatly in variety and have no online presence!

So, is anyone here an owner of, or familiar with this bike?

Furthermore, any suggestions on where on the Internet I could locate an official Kawasaki site featuring the KLE250 model 2003 (or even older models), or who I should ask about it? (kawasaki.com say, reasonably enough I guess, that they will not answer international inquiries, the European Union site does not have actual content but just redirects to regional dealers, and there is no Greek site).

Finally, does anybody know if it goes under a model name / codename internationally other than KLE250 / Anhelo?

Thanx in advance to all

P.S. If my English is not that good please pardon me, it is not my mother language.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
on / off would be a dual sport in english, I'm not familiar with any dual sport bikes though, so I'll leave this up to someone more experienced.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

its prolly similar to the us KLR250 which is a dual purpose bike
the specs are as follows but the euro version may be a little different :wink:

MANUFACTURER Kawasaki MODEL YEAR 2004 MODEL KLR250 POWERTRAIN ENGINE Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single, Liquid-cooled DISPLACEMENT 249cc BORE X STROKE 74.0 x 58.0mm COMPRESSION RATIO 11.0:1 FUEL CAPACITY 2.9 gal. DRIVETRAIN CARBURETION Keihin CVK34 IGNITION CDI TRANSMISSION Six-speed FINAL DRIVE N/A DIMENSIONS FRAME Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel LENGTH 84.3 in. WIDTH 33.7 in. HEIGHT 47.6 in. WHEELBASE 55.7 in. GROUND CLEARANCE 10.6 in. SEAT HEIGHT 33.7 in. DRY WEIGHT 258 lbs. COLOR OPTIONS COLORS Aztec Red BRAKES / WHEELS / TIRES SUSPENSION Front: 36mm leading-axle fork, suspension adjustments, air-adjustable hydraulic telescopic fork, 9.1 in. travel
Rear: UNI-TRAK® single-shock system, adjustable preload with 4-way rebound damping, 9.1 in. travel BRAKES Hydraulic disc / Drum TIRES Front: 3.00 x 21
Rear: 4.60 x 17

hope this helps,welcome and ride safe :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx to everybody for the replies! Yes, the KLE 250 does seem similar to the KLR in many aspects, the most notable difference I can come up with right now without looking up the specs is that the KLE is two-cylinder. But if I get it right, I might find stuff for the KLR that are also compatible with the KLE! Thanx again to all, I'll stick around and keep looking :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts