Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumours are circulating that Kawasaki is planning to replace the venerable KLR-650 with a twin cylinder model called the KLX-700. The engine is based on a bored out version of what is currently on the Ninja and Versys bikes.

I thought I would start this thread to gather information and details about this exciting new adventure bike and to hear what you think it should have.
For me, here is what is important:
1) Low seat height.
2) Low weight.
3) Accessory outlet for GPS etc
4) Heated grips
5) Gas tank big enough for range of at least 400 kms (250 miles)

Here a couple of links with more info. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I agree with your preferences. But, since the KLR is sort of an off road bike, it will most likely have a high seat with high foot pegs.

A couple of years ago, a friend on another forum met a guy from Europe riding a KLR on the way to Sturgis. He planned to ride it around the globe.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... it will most likely have a high seat with high foot pegs.
You are probably right, but I am hoping for something like the Versys 300 X with a seat height of 32.1 inches and ground clearance of 7.1 which is admittedly on the low side but it's a trade-off I am ok with since I don't jump too many logs. :)
My buddy rode his KLR from Canada to South America and back so I have no doubt it can handle riding around the world. I rode my KLR on the Trans Labrador "highway" twice; once in each direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts