Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought this second hand 1993 KL250D (KLR250) The motor seems to run fine, but checking the wiring situation. Eg Blinkers, speedo, temp guage, the lights to view the speedo etc in the dark.. What I came up with is, the blinkers are brighter when I give revs to the bike, they dont really flicker either, the lights behind the speedo goes dimmer when the engine revs, the tacometer only seems to work when I have the indicator turned on. Would this be caused by a stuffed battery? Checkin the battery with my meter I got 4.5 volts out of it.

Anyone help me with hints, tips, what to check. The bike was ridden on a farm so the electrics of it didnt really get used. But for the price I got it for it was a bonus. I think the contacts through the wiring might be a bit dodgy, maybe rewire the whole thing..? BTW im planning on getting it registered so anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Lim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Im sure the wiring has started to go after 12 years of use. definetely not the battery then everything would be dim until you revved it up. check all the fuses and connectionsmaybe the bulb behind the dash are loose, or gettin worn/ browned out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts