Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa was amazing this year, he misread the naughty list and mistakenly brought my son and I a 2022 KLX140 and a 2022 KLX300 for Christmas!

As I said, he must have misread the list, because he thought my sons legs were much longer than they are and his elves fitted the 140 with 21” and 18” wheels...what are my options and resources for dropping the seat a couple of inches for my little man?

Happy new year to all and thanks,
kit

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
You and your son are lucky indeed. Santa never brought me a new motorcycle let alone two motorcycles.

Your options are generally as follows. In no specific order:

1) buy and install lowering links.
2) buy an aftermarket, lower seat.
3) remove seat cover and with a knife cut 2" of foam off the OEM seat and reinstall the cover.
4) take it to a pro and have them cut the OEM seat down and when done it will look like a factory job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Lucky is right; I told you he misread the naughty list!

I was hoping to do something with smaller wheels than the current, and then return to the 21/18s when he grows Into them. The dealer Santa used has been trying to locate some, but like many other things in the supply chain, they aren’t easy to find. Is this a good option, or am I waiting for something that won’t happen? How small is practical for this frame, and what is a good source out there who may be in stock? I see this option as almost two bikes in one, for the cost (not insignificant!) of a set of wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the older 140s had an option of 17 fronts 14 rears, is this possible for a 2022 140 currently set up with a 21 and 18?

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
It would be best to ask your dealer what wheels he thinks will fit. Once you know that, you can search on Ebay and other places for those wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That confirms what I’m already doing, thank you! I love the idea of the lowering links, too. I am going to look for a set, seems to be a straightforward installation. Thank you so much for the quick replies!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would be best to ask your dealer what wheels he thinks will fit. Once you know that, you can search on Ebay and other places for those wheels.
That's the spirit! Go ask you struggling local dealer for their parts' peoples knowledge, wasting their time so you can give Ebay and Amazon more money. And people wonder why they get treated poorly at dealerships...

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
That's the spirit! Go ask you struggling local dealer for their parts' peoples knowledge, wasting their time so you can give Ebay and Amazon more money. And people wonder why they get treated poorly at dealerships...
I guess you missed the part where he said the dealer is having trouble finding wheels.

He went to the dealer. He wanted to buy the wheels from the dealer. The dealer could not find the wheels so in my view there is nothing wrong with searching on his own. Don't forget "Santa" just got done buying two, brand new motorcycles from the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts