Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a brand new KLX 230 yesterday. I got it home and off the truck and it started right up. I went to drive it to my garage but stalled it. It will not start up again. Reset everything and went through the books but it just turns over and over. I was wondering if the dealer shut the gas off on this before we left the dealer but I cannot find a fuel shut off lever on it anywhere. Dealer was closed by the time I got home. Anyone have any issue like this before. I am at a loss on this. Brand new....zero miles.

·
991 Posts
Try adding gas to the tank. Even if you see gas in the tank, the level may be too low. Also check to make sure the kill switch did not accidentally get bumped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gas tank is full from the dealer. Kill switch is in the correct position. It almost sounds like gas isn't getting to the engine. This is a fuel inject unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the manual and all over the bike and not seeing a fuel shutoff on this. This is the only thing I am thinking it is. I will call the dealer in the morning. I am sure it is something dumb that I am overlooking. :(

·
991 Posts
Check to make sure the spark plug cap is on tight. But bummer to get a brand new bike and lose time riding it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts