Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 kawasaki klx250(kick start)and all of a sudden, for some un known reason it wont start. It was starting very well a week ago and now i cant even get it to turn over.I have just pulled the carby out and blown out all the jets, and the sparkplug is very new and is sparking fine.so i dont know what is stopping it from going.any infomation or tips would be very much appreciated,THANKS.

·
Registered
191 Posts
when you say it wont turn over you dont mean that you cant turn the motor over with the kick starter do you?

well if its getting spark then its pretty much gotta be fuel. after you clean/dry the plug put it in a try to kick it a few times then pull the plug out. see if its wet and smells like gas. if so then your not getting spark. if not then your not getting fuel. does it sputter like it tries to start at all?

are you sure its getting spark? if not it could be your kill switch not grounding propperly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i can turn the motor over with the kick starter, but what i meant was i cant get the motor to start. when ever i try to start it it just back fires, and i know that it's definately getting spark. so that leads me to belive that it could be a timing problem, but i dont know why because it was starting and running fine before? THANKS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts